What legal rights does a person have if they are not on a title to a house but have paid the mortgage for over 20 years?

Question Details: The house was purchased for a relative to live in over 20 years ago and they agreed to pay the mortgage. Another relative paid the remainder of the mortgage and is trying to get the title in their name. Can this be done? The title is in my husband's name and his ex-wife. They bought a house so the aunt could live in it.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.