What kind of visa do I need if my foreign spouse and I live abroad?

Question Details: My situation isn't the norm. I'm a US citizen living in Mexico with my soon-to -be Mexican spouse. He currently has a valid 10 year tourist visa. When that expires, what kind of visa would be best? We want to be able to travel without issue to and from the U.S. but currently have no intentions to live there. Will he need another tourist visa? Is there a better option?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.