Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What is my responsibility for an accident during the time that my insurance coverage was cancelled?

Question Details: About 8 months ago, I accidentally rear-ended another vehicle. My auto insurance had been cancelled at the time, due in part to a vehicle vs. pedestrian incident my daughter was victim to, where the driver was uninsured and my insurance was billed. My accident resulted in damages just over $10,000 which was covered by the other party's insurance, which is now attempting to collect from me using both legal actions and a collection company. Also, due to state law, my driver's license was suspended about 3 weeks ago, however I had previously moved to another state, and received a new license for that state prior to the suspension. What are my legal responsibilities for the accident damages? Should I agree to the collection companies "agreement" to sign a contract agreeing to make monthly payments to cover the damages? Will my state drivers license suspension carry over to my current driver's license in another state?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.