Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What do I do when an ex-spouse doesn't uphold their end of a divorce agreement?

Question Details: My ex-husband has been delinquent on paying debts assigned to him in the decree causing negative reports on my credit. He didn't remove me from the joint checking which was awarded to him. The bank took money out of my account to cover a significant overdraft on the joint account. He hasn't paid half of medical insurance for our child as agreed. Now he moved out of state and isnt holding up the 50/50 custody arrangement. Finally, he hasn't kept his insurance on his car current and has issues with suspended registration and the car is in my name. I've been trying to get him to do a title transfer for months but he's been evasive. I'm not sure what I can do or if I can get back some of the money I paid that was supposed to be his responsibility.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.