Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do about a notice of ejectment which states that I'm trespassing?

Question Details: I did a lot of major jobs for a guy. In exchange for my services as a form of payment, he gave me a trailer on a lot that is in his front yard. However, the trailer needed to be condemned so I had to agree to be responsible for all repairs. For this I also had to agree to consider myself paid in full for the work I did. I have been in the trailer for 2 years now but the guy has now passed away and his brother came to town and told magistrate that I was trespassing on his property because he had bought it from his brother. I have been given a court date but the paper said that I had 5 days to vacate property. I have the paper that the dead guy gave me and the witnesses to our transaction. Please help me as I have nowhere else to go.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.