Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can be done about an inept doctor?

Question Details: My dad went in for possible heart attack. The doctor came in stood in the door looked at him and said it was probably from drugs, meth or heroine, turned around and walked out. He didn't check my dad's blood pressure or check his beats per minute. He finally came back and said something else about my dad doing drugs, so my dad said that he's clean. The doctor then asked for a urine sample and it came back clean. He then asked for blood work, also clean. At that point he got mad and told my dad that he was faking and it was all in his head. Also, my stepmom had a sore on her jaw from a bad tooth and she was going septic but the doctor came in looked at her and tried to tell her that she was fine. If she hadn't talked to a nurse who listened better, then chances are she wouldn't be here. He's done it both to my stepmom and my dad it makes me kind of wonder who else he's done it to and if there can be anything done about it. He's a doctor and peoples lives are at risk based on his diagnosis.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.