Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do if the insurance company won't cover damage to my vehicle while it was in the possession of the shop?

Question Details: I was in a accident, not my fault. My car was undriveable but the other driver had insurance. They took my car away on flatbed over a month ago; it was sent to 2 salvage yards before it was sent to the shop. The insurance company said it was a mistake they "jumped the gun". By the time my vehicle was actually at the shop there was more damage. So when I went to pick it up vehicle I left it at shop. It was taken a part and inside and outside mice were chewing up wires. Now they won't pay for that damage. What should I do? My vehicle ran fine before but now it's undriveable. I have no car to drive and they won't pay for a rental any longer.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.