Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do regarding an accident with an uninsured driver?

Question Details: My son was in an accident 7 months ago; the person who hit him was a minor. When talking with the mother, she told us and the police that she had insurance. She also said that she would pay to our vehicle to be repaired. However, when I contacted her insurance company, the policy had lapsed and she refused to pay to have our car repaired. We went to civil court and won a judgment against her but she has since filed bankruptcy. What can we do to get the money from her to have our car fixed?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.