Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What are the proper steps to take for my future wife to come to the U.S. with me?

Question Details: I am a U.S. citizen but I currently live in Finland. My fiance and I are getting married this month here in Finland. My fiance is not a U.S. citizens and we have plans to move to the states since I am almost finished with my studies here. I've been doing research on how she could come with me to the states legally but I haven't found any info that fits our situation. Is there a way you can help with a list of steps to follow or a link that would explain what we need to do? It would help a lot.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.