Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What are the laws regarding suing a doctor/hospital for lack of proper treatment?

Question Details: About 5 years ago I was in an accident where I was a passenger; we were T-boned by another vehicle. I had a collapsed lung, 8 broken ribs, and a neck injury. I was told there was no other damage even when I repeatedly told the doctor that the fingers on my left hand were numb and tingling and my shoulder was hurting horribly. They said there is no damage to my shoulder I was just sore. I told them something was definitely wrong since my shoulder is no longer sitting correctly and a big bone is sticking up. Again they took me to have X-rays done which showed no damage and the doctor told me that he didn't know what he was supposed to do about it. Now my fingertips constantly tingle and are numb and shoots farther up my arm if I use it in anyway and the shoulder itself with feel like it's just hanging there about to fall off. It gets worse everyday and I'm afraid I will have no use of it one day and if they would have done something than it would be OK.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.