Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What are my rights as an employee with a disability?

Question Details: For the last 3 months, I have been dealing with a lot of medical stuff that my GM has barely followed what my doctors have said. Before my assistant manager before left, they told me that my GM seems to have some sort of vendetta against me and my boyfriend who also works at the store. I keep him updated on everything going on but he still schedules me on days that I have doctors' appointments. He then tells me that "I blind sided him" with them. I even put my availability as changed because of all this and my request but got denied. I've contact the person over him but I feel like its just gonna keep happening. I had to go to the ER last week and I had nothing but problems with him the whole time. He wouldn't even respond back to me because I was supposed to stay overnight and he never told me if my shift was even covered. I feel like I am beyond overwhelmed and stressed out because of all of this. He even told me that I might need to go on disability. Yet, the ADA requires that people who have a disability for their workplace to provide a flexible schedule. My specialist has even told me for the sake of my health I need to find another job.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.