Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What am I entitled to regarding my late grandmother's estate?

Question Details: My grandmother passed away last year. I was recently contacted by someone appointed by the court. She died without a Will or Trust. My father is no longer living but his 5 siblings are. I was informed that I was being contacted because under state law I am entitled to my father's share. Everything was in her name at the time of her passing house, bank accounts, etc. I do not like anyone on that side of the family but do want what my father would have been entitled to. They don't have any recourse in stopping me do they? The woman on the phone said she would be sending out paperwork to everyone in a few weeks but I need to know if I should get a lawyer or just wait this out and hope the right thing is done.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.