Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do about an outstanding out of state warrant?

Question Details: I was pulled over and arrested awhile back. No new charges but I had a warrant that I had no idea I had. It is for a misdemeanor theft charge. I had never been arrested before. In fact, I have been a very good law abiding citizen. I spent 5 days in jail and was scared out of my mind. I didn't have anyone I could call. In the end, I was released on an ROR. Before I was arrested I was planning on leaving the state since I had lost my job a few months back and as it was I was already living in my car. Once I was released, I got my car and tied up a few things and left the state as I planned. I honestly had no idea what troubles I would have after that. I have not been arrested again but I can't get a job either. I'm wondering what I should do. I am about 1500 miles from where the warrant is at. I do not have any friends or family where it is either. My car died and since I can't get a job I can't afford to fix it. I actually even sold the dead car just so I could have some money.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.