Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What is our recourse regarding an unresolved invoice?

Question Details: We had a signage company come put up 2 signs on our building. Upon arrival, we were told one of the cars in the front parking lot had to be moved as it was apparently obstructing some of the area needed for the scaffolding. We were not told to keep that area clear prior to their arrival. Despite making many phone calls, the owner of the car could not be contacted. The owner arrived to the site some time later. The signage company invoiced us with an extra 45 minutes waiting time billed at 140 ph. We disputed this as a had we been told that space had to be clear and had we known the process would need that much space we would have organized the day before to block off the area. We were not advised there would be a waiting fee. We were not advised their arrival time and did not know what time to expect them. I would like to know a what is the right thing to do here? If they were to go to small claims court, who would most likely win the case?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.