Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What can I do regarding an increased mortgage payment?

Question Details: My mortgage changed hands recently. The transition has been anything but smooth. They have been managing my mortgage for 4 months now and recently raised my mortgage payment to almost 3 times what it was stating that it was due to my property taxes being rolled into my monthly mortgage payment. My mortgage payment has always been $808 but they increased it to $1,965. If I deduct my usual mortgage payment of $808 from $1,965, it leaves $1,157 that is supposed to go toward my property taxes. I pay my homeowner's insurance and they have stated that the $1,157 goes solely to property taxes, nothing else. If I'm paying $1,157 every month, then that comes to $13,884 for a year. My property taxes are around $7,000 for the year. This doesn't sound right, I'm paying more per month for property taxes than I am with my mortgage payment. How can this be? Everytime I inquire about it, I get different answers from everyone in customer service. Nobody seems to be on the same page as one another and nobody has the same story. I'm feeling very frustrated and helpless.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.