Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What can I do if someone else's DUI record was added to my driving records?

Question Details: I went to the DMV to update my CDL and was told there was a person with the same name and matching birthdate as mine that had a DUI and suspense in 2 different states, neither of which I had never lived in or traveled to. I was not able to get my CDL and I was told that I needed a letter from 1 of the state's DMV stating that I am not that person. After endless calls and faxing the records dept, DMV and law enforcement and providing proof, plus speaking to the arresting officer who verified it was not me, I only been have bounce around and told different information. What type of lawyer should I seek to assist me further with this process?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.