Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Should I get a lawyer or public defender for my second MIP?

Question Details: HI am 20 years old and I just got my second MIP. I took diversion for the first one almost two years ago but I can't remember if it would have been juvenile diversion or adult diversion. I also am graduating from undergrad next Spring and I know having an MIP on your record makes it harder to get into graduate school. I also have a disorderly house ticket from 3 months ago. I am wondering if there is anything a lawyer or public defender could do in this case or if it would be pointless for me to get one?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.