Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Can I sue regarding a misdiagnosis that resulted in an injury to me?

Question Details: About 3 weeks ago, I went to the emergency room complaining pain in the lower right quadrant/pelvic area of the abdomen. The pain was accompanied by vomiting and constipation, I was unable to physically move and needed to be carried. I have a history of reproductive health complications and ovarian cysts bursts. I was only given a CT scan and was told I there was nothing wrong with me other than a 6 cm cyst and that my complaints were not acute enough for a ER physician to deal with and sent me to follow up with my OBGYN. I was never given an ultrasound or any diagnostic tests regarding my ovaries. I was sent home with reoccurring pain and was unable to move. I meet with my OBGYN and scheduled a laparoscopy 3 weeks later. My OBGYN found that suffered from an ovarian torsion and had no choice but to remove my right ovary. It would have been prevented and my ovary could've been saved if the ER performed an ultrasound rather than just a CT. Is possible for me to file a complaint with the Hospital?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.