Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can I find a contingency attorney who can help me sue my insurance company?

Question Details: I am a disabled 54-year-old female due to an auto accident 25 years ago. Recently, my auto carrier paid a construction company directly to provide an ADA bathroom which including re-doing my water therapy that I have been in and they have paid for over the past 21 years. The contractor received the money over 1 1/2 years ago from the insurance company directly and quit approximately 2 days later leaving the bathroom gutted and unsafe. Due to the 3 different levels of flooring left in that bathroom and the nature of my disability, I lost balance and fell through open framing causing me to need surgery. The insurance company took responsibility for the bills due to the injuries because I fell in what should have been my ADA compliant bathroom. After, I was unable to get the bathroom done due to numerous violations of that contractor and the insurer's unwillingness to help with the bathroom at that time. My condition progressively started worsening and I now need dwelling modifications or housing that accommodates a wheelchair, as well as therapy. I have been doing everything the insurance company has requested of me since my surgeon and doctors have been letting them know that this is urgently needed and the longer they take the worse I get. It may be harder to get back to a good functioning level due to their delay. This has been going on for several months now. I found a contractor that was willing to do the medical modifications to my home and accept less than 30% down as long as the rest of their standard fee schedule was met. The insurance company has stated that they will only pay a certain amount a year and that if I can't find a contractor to take payments, they can't help me. I tried to explain to them that there is no contracting company willing to accept payments for 10 years for the work that is needed and the corrections that need to be done due to the last contractor they paid directly. They did not care even though there are more than enough funds available on my policy to pay for my medical need for the modifications and still more available to take care of medical requirements for another 15 years afterward. I am on a fixed income and can't afford the modifications required and they know that.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.