What are my rights if I live in run down public housing?

Question Details: I am disabled and live in public housing. At the place I live, 3/4 of the gutter/drainage has been ripped down as though some moron was hanging from it. As a result, I get about 2-3 inches of standing water right in front of my porch every time that it rains, and it remains that way for a few days after the rain stops. I have pictures. It has been this way since I moved in and I have put in several maintenance requests. However, I was told that it probably wouldn't get fixed for another year because they will be fixing the roofing on a lot of these places then. This is the just biggest of the problems that they won't fix but there are many more. Can I set up and an escrow account to pay my rent into until public housing fixes the river that flows through my front yard?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.