What are the rights of a victim in a sex offense case, once their perpetrator is released from prison?

Question Details: When I was 14, I engaged sexual activity with a 21 year old man. He got charged twice with unlawful sex with a minor, both with me. Recently, he has gotten out of prison for those charges. I was worried now that I'm over 18 he can legally contact me. Can he?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.