What to do if a greencard replacement was not delivered?

Question Details: When my permanent green card was issued I was outside the U.S. and got divorced. My card was undeliverable because my old address has changed the mail number. I didn't send my new address to the USCIS, so my card was sent back and destroyed after 60 days. Can I still have my green card be replaced? I'm still outside the U.S. but I have the I-797 notice of action that says my old green card was extended for more 18 months. Can I use that to re-enter the U.S. and then file to have my green card be replaced, even though I got divorced (not my choice) after it was issued?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.