Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What is the law regarding the reletting process?

Question Details: I will be reletting a college apartment and was told by managers that the rate the new tenant paid must be the same as my rate. However, their rates fluctuate very often with promos, deals, etc. and are currently much lower at this time than when I signed the lease earlier in the year. I was also told by leasing agents that upon paying the fee my unit would not be listed on their website or marketed at all as it seems and I would be solely responsible for finding a replacement tenant. Wouldn't it part of their duty to mitigate damages by offering a rate closer to the going current going rate of my unit granted how much their prices are altered? Also, would it be objectively reasonable for them to list my unit on their website? Some things to note Im in TX. They offer 1x1s, 2x2s, 3x3s and 4x4s some of which are upgraded with a more modern look and some are standard. I have a 4x4 upgraded unit and there are no more remaining mine would be the only one available after paying the fee. Also, I have not moved in yet as move-in day is on the 21st.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.