Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What are my rights regarding reimbursement for relocation and lost income?

Question Details: I am a registered nurse and was offered a civilian nursing job on a U.S. Air Force base through a contracting company. I told the company I was not a U.S. citizen, however I'm have a valid green card (I'm Canadian) and I have been in the U.S. for 2 years. I relocated and started the job but 2 weeks into the assignment it was discovered that I was not eligible as you are required to have resided in the U.S. for 4 years. I am trying to get reimbursed from the contracting company for all related expenses relocation, lost wages, cost to break my apartment lease which would be approximately $12,000. The contracting company deals exclusively with military contracts so should have been aware of the 3 year residency requirement. What type of lawyer should I contact and do I have a case for reimbursement?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.