What can I do if I was rear-ended but the at-fault driver was uninsured?

Question Details: I was rear-ended at a stop light. The driver of the vehicle that hit me was found at fault. She provided the police officer her insurance card and information. My insurance company advised me that the insurance policy she had was lapsed 30 days before she ran in the back of me. The phone number she provided is 5 years old and belongs to her old foster family. Per the police report she is a 21 year old kid. She did over $8,000 in damages to my car and it will take about a month to get the parts and fix my car. I had to pay $500 for the rental car and my out of pocket $500 to get my car fix. How do I recover my loss of $1000 give or take, my inconvenience, time I had to take off work? Can I call the police and provide them them the accident report number and tell them that she has no insurance, and provided false information on the police report? She did receive 2 citations so I am sure she has to go court for those.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.