Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if we were hit by an uninsured driver from China?

Question Details: Saturday we were rear-ended in car accident by a 24 year old student from China who had expired insurance on his car. We were taken to the hospital and released; our car is drivable but will need rear repair or replacement if the adjuster deems it too expensive to fix. The student says that he wants to settle without involving insurance, however we called our insurer already. We were stopped on freeway in a construction zone and he hit us from behind going about 40/45 mph. Now, 3 days later, our bodies are sore but nothing more so far. We are 61 years old. We now have hospital bills, missed work and car repairs. Can we settle with him even though we contacted his and our insurance company? He said that he is leaving the country soon and wants to settle? What should we do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.