Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do regarding re-listing my home and a previous listing agreement?

Question Details: I have a listing agreement with a realtor. The agreement ends in just over 2 months. To say I have not been pleased with this realtor would be an understatement. I have now asked her to remove the house from MLS and she has obliged. I would like to list and sell my house on my own using Zillow after the listing agreement expires. The contract states, "The above compensation shall be paid to the broker in the event that the Owner enters into a contract of sale to sell the property or actually sells the property within a period of 180 days after the termination of the agreement. This paragraph shall not apply if the Owner has in good faith relisted the property with another broker after the expiration of this Agreement and Owner affirms there are no current negotiations on the property". Does this mean that I am compelled to list with another broker or I will need to pay the current realtor a commission regardless if I sell my house on my own to someone who did not see it before?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.