Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If I suffered a pulmonary embolism as the result of birth control that was prescribed, do I have a case?

Question Details: About 1 1/2 years ago, I went to OBGYN/Primary physician inquiring about my fertility. Her first step was to issue me birth control. She failed to tell me that combining this birth control with cigarettes could be harmful. A month later I had chest and arm pains after two nights of no sleep and finally went to the ER. I was held 2 days at the hospital due to a pulmonary embolism that was a result of this OBGYN's "treatment for balancing hormones". Hormone imbalance was never the subject matter, as I said before I was checking for my fertility. I found out recently that my aunt saw her for depression symptoms and this same doctor put her on birth control as treatment. This is not just a matter of money; this has increased my chances of death by 60% and cancer by 70%. I can't stand to think about the next person who gets messed up because of this malpractice.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.