What to do regarding a pain and suffering claim?

Question Details: I was involved in a hit in run 5 months ago. A SUV rear-ended my car and drove off without providing their insurance into. I have not received any care for physical injuries but I have received care for psychological distress because of the extreme stress as a result of the accident. My insurance agency asked for a copy of the invoice for care I received. The claim rep said that he wanted to review what I was seen for. My psychologist only gave me a invoice of cost. Should the insurance company request an outline of care from my psychologist directly? Also, how much money am I entitled to get for pain and suffering?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.