Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What is my recourse if there was no response to a 911 call for almost 40 minutes?

Question Details: About 10 days ago, I was pulled from floodwater, unconscious with hypothermia and clinging to a tree for my life. My body temperature was below 90 degrees. The first call was made around 7:00 am reporting they had seen a body floating in the backwater. Then a second call came in around 7:35 am stating there was a man clinging to a tree in the floodwater and that the caller was going in after me. The second caller said within minutes police and first responders were on the scene and assisted the caller with my rescue. Both callers reported me in the same location only 3 miles from the local law enforcement office and 5 miles from the local emt station. Once I regained consciousness at the hospital they told me I was very lucky to be alive. Should the county be held responsible for there negligence. The last thing I remember is grabbing a hold of that tree and if I wouldn't have I most certain would have drowned.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.