If my son and I were involved in an auto accident, do I need a lawyer or do I need to contact the other party's insurance company myself?

Question Details: Last week, I was hit from behind by another driver and pushed into the vehicle in front of me. All the airbags were deployed and my son and I were taken to the emergency room via ambulance. We are also following up with our doctors and I am not sure if I should contact the other driver's insurance or get an attorney.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.