What to do if my grandson took off with my vehicle 3 months ago and still has not returned?

Question Details: I bought a vehicle for my 21 year old grandson to use. He was staying with me and had tied up my vehicle. He was to use it for work, school, pay the payments and keep up insurance. In 3 months when he establish work and could get a loan I would put it in his name. He never went to school and failed to put an application, is not making payments or keeping insurance up. The police say because I bought it for his use he can do whatever he wants with it. I am afraid because I feel that he is doing drugs or if he gets in an accident. He is not working and living from friend to friend and his step father said he is probably living in the vehicle. So I have no address for him. I do know he is somewhere in Kenosha, WI. The Kenosha police say the consent of use has expired and if it is in my name, it is still my vehicle and it is considered theft; the SC police say that I can't do anything about it. I can't file a civil suit with no address. If you can't help me, please tell me who can? Where do you suggest I go for help? Who made the law and why is it different state to state. The vehicle has temporary tags on it which expired last month however, he could have stolen tags. I have the tags with me.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.