Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What are my rights if my fiance with whom I have shared a home with for 15 years, wants to throw me out?

Question Details: I have paid for utilities and all house hold expenses and have had some in my name. We have ran the household as a team for 15 years and he has implied that I am his wife in all definitions of the word. We have been having problems and I have had 2 strokes which have caused me to be partially disabled. I am in the process of filing for SSI which takes some time. My fiance is an alcoholic it is documented by the courts system and not just hearsay on my part and he is trying to toss me and our animals into the street. Since we have ran a house hold together for 15 years wouldn't he have to evict me, so I have some time to find a new home? He has denied me access to my home and my medications which is dangerous to my health. I need some honest advice about what my rights are since although he has asked me to marry him 3 times in the past, I preferred to just be engaged.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.