Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if my fiance has a court date but can't make it or afford the cost of reinstating his license?

Question Details: About 2 years ago, my fiance got a DWI and he did everything he was supposed to but get his licences back. That's because it is going to cost us nearly $2000 to get them reinstated. We absolutely cannot afford that. Well, he got a driving under suspension 4 months ago and his court date is next month. We just moved to another state in order to be closer to my family. We cannot afford to pay his ticket and we can't afford to take a trip back. We have a baby that we're trying to take care of and support. Anyone know what we could do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.