Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If my ex-husband hasn't worked in the past 8 months, can I take him to court to reimburse me for the insurance I now have to pay for our children?

Question Details: Our divorce papers state that he is supposed to carry our 2 children on his insurance, but he lost his insurance and didn't sign up for COBRA coverage. Fortunately, I was able to add them to my insurance, at a significantly higher cost than he was paying through his employer. He is still not working, but I am still paying nearly 1000 each month to keep our children covered on insurance. Can I sue my ex and make him reimburse me?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.