Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If my ex-husband has yet to sign over the deed of the home to me as he was supposed to, what course of action can I take?

Question Details: We got divorced on the 9th of last month and the court ruled my ex-husband had to sign over the deed of the house to me within 14 days. He has yet to provide documentation to me and it's now been 20 days. What can I legally do to get this paperwork or do I have to wait and hope hell eventually send me the deed? I've contacted the deed office and they say since hes the sole name as the owner, he has to willingly sign over the house - regardless that I can provide proof documents from the judge stating that the house needs to be turned over to me within 14 days.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.