Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

If my ex and his girlfriend are selling their home and he owes back child support so he wants me to sign an affidavit to close, can they make me?

Question Details: My ex-husband and his current girlfriend are trying to get me to sign something regarding his back child support so that they can close on the sale of their home. I don't want to be involved in anything they are doing and feel I should be left out of it and don't want to sign anything. She is now threatening to take me to court and have me pay her legal fees to force me to sign. I don't feel any of this is my problem. What should I do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.