Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What legal action can I take if my dog was attacked through a fence by another dog and sustained multiple injuries?

Question Details: I was playing fetch with my 2 dogs in my yard that is next to my neighbor's yard. While my dog was retrieving his ball, 5 other dogs were released in their yard. Somehow they got a hold of my dog and tore into him. I ran and held onto my dog for dear life while attempting to get him released. Screaming on the top of my lungs for help. Eventually, they released their grip and I rushed my dog to the ER. I filed a police report. The police gave my info to the owner of the other dogs without my consent resulting in a phone call from him. After going over the facts with him, I requested that he pay for the vet bills. He stated absolutely not. I proceeded to say that our conversation had ended. He called me back and attempted to argue with me again. I restated that we no longer had any more to discuss. I need compensation for the vet bill at the very least.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.