What is my recourse regarding getting money back from a joint investment?

Question Details: I was in a equal partnership where I invest nearly 8k. Long story short, I had to drop out 3 months in for personal reasons. The other partner agreed and proceeded to run the business. The day I dropped out, we agreed to repay my investment with a 10 discretion. Months later, the other partner still has not refunded me and now is saying that the business hasn't made enough money and she put in an additional 10k to revamp the business and now does not want to give me back anything. Am I entitled to my money back?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.