May I sue for auto damages if it's been almost 3 years since the accident?

Question Details: Someone damaged my car insurance would not cover the cost so he agreed to pay started paying but since then declined to continue paying because he claims that I relieved him of that responsibility. We've been going back and forth about it since he keeps changing his mind about paying.Now it's clear that he is not going pay. Can I sue him?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.