Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Should i get married in or out of the U.S. if I still need to get a green card?

Question Details: I went to the U.S. and graduated college and stayed about a year after college with my OPT. Since the OPT was terminating I left the country and moved back to Brazil. I am still dating an American and she finishes school in 6 months. We plan on living in the U.S. I am wondering what would be the best course of action to get married to apply for a green card? I also have Italian citizenship, so I can stay in the country with her. So would it be to get married in the U.S. or in Brazil? And how much would you charge to handle all the green card process?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.