Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

How can a passenger file a claim regarding their injuries if the at-fault driver's family will not provide the insurance information?

Question Details: My son was in an accident with his girlfriend. She picked him up and they were going to her house in a town a few miles away. She turned off the highway to take a back road and started driving recklessly. She had her cell phone recording the whole time. My son yelled at her to slow down and let him out of the car; you can hear the motor of the car speeding up. She then sharply veered off the left side of the road, hitting a ditch, rolling a few times along the ditch before landing upside down in a field. She was killed instantly. There were no signs of skid marks or any indication that the vehicle overcorrected. A witness saw the car take a sharp left and flip into the air. She was calm the whole recording which is highly unusual for her. She was bi-polar and suicidal. It has been 7 weeks since the accident. My son so far has $17,000 in medical bills and is having emotional problems after seeing the major injuries she sustained but we have not been able to get their insurance information. The car was registered to her mother. The family is blaming him and he was interrogated by the police 5 weeks ago. How are we supposed to get this resolved?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.