Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

What to do if I've used up all my PIP and have medical bills in collections?

Question Details: I was rear-ended at a traffic light at 40 plus miles per hour. I suffered post concession syndrome and a severe cervical strain accompanied by daily headaches. I'm currently in physical, vision therapy and speech therapy for cognitive issues. I also see a chiropractor regularly and have not been able to work due to extreme dizziness and fatigue. I can no longer see to drive at night and suffer from irritability causing me to be moody without realizing it. The other driver has been determined to be at fault. However, my PIP is used up and the other insurance company won't pay any medical bills until I settle with them. If I'm still in recovery, how do I know how much to ask for if I could still be in therapy next year or if there may be permanent damage? The accident was 5 months ago and it's as though some days I feel like it just happened. I don't want to short myself.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.