Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

When can you sue for slander?

Question Details: I owned a pet sitting/training business. I had a lady bring me her puppy for training $200 she claimed he threw up a sock and she took him to the vet the next morning. She told me the bill was $209 and she wanted a full reimbursement for that. I told her I would reimburse her if she provided me with the itemized vet bill because I wouldn't refund her for routine vet care, she refused. She told me I could contact her vet for the bill, so I did with no response. She then posted on Facebook a post stating I almost killed her dog, and that I'm an untrustworthy person and to not trust my business. I lost business over the post. She then said she wanted reimbursed for the training fee because it was not successful, she said this months later. I do guarantee my training but not with money back. She has since filed for small claims court stating I refused to reimburse her training fee, first Ive heard of her waiting that training fee back originally she wanted the vet bill back which I agreed to, now shes asking for $350. I was just curious if I would have any luck with slander/libel or something positive on my side for this case.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.