Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Is it possible for a family member to file a claim on an employee's behalf regarding unpaid overtime?

Question Details: For a few months now, my mother has apparently not been paid overtime at her job. It was so bad that she had to resort to getting a new job to compensate for what is owed to her. She doesn't wish to take this to court as she doesn't like to escalate a situation, despite what's happening to her. However, I believe this is something she can't just throw under the rug and getting another job is not solving the issue. I would like to know if it's possible to file a claim on unpaid overtime pay on her behalf.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.