Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Is it malpractice if a doctor delayed tests and now I need more aggressive treatment?

Question Details: I am seeing an orthopedic doctor for a broken wrist. We have had 4 appointments over a 2 month appointment and at each appointment I have continually expressed concern with severe pain, numbness, swelling and lack of mobility with my hand. I was told that an MRI/CT was a costly test and would not change the treatment plan. My cast was removed after 3 weeks but the swelling continues although it is improving, however the pain and mobility are the same. Out of frustration of not being heard that I believed there was further damage, I went to my primary care doctor and explained what was going on. She recommended that I maybe see someone else and ordered the MRI as it would be another several weeks until my follow-up. An MRI was ordered and completed with the results of a fracture and torn ligament. Now, more aggressive treatment may be required because of the duration from injury to diagnosis, 11 weeks. Do I have a case?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.