Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

Call us today for a free consultation (855) 466-5776

Is it legal for a sober man to have sex with an intoxicated woman?

Question Details: This girl got really drunk at a party, so her friends took her home. A sober boy texted her and asked if he could come over and she said yes. Once there he immediately took off her clothes, had sex with her, then left. The girl did not say no, however, she was very drunk and didn't realize what was happening until it had already happened. The girl also did not say yes to having sex with the boy because he did not ask. After he left, the girl immediately called her friends who came over right away and stated that she was still incredibly drunk. They got her dressed and got her to bed. I'm wondering if this encounter was okay seeing as she did not explicitly say no. It is also important to note that the girl and boy had known each other previously but the girl, while sober at a previous incident, said that she did not want to have sex with him. I'm just not sure if this latter incident was legal or not.

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.