Is it a constitutional right for the spouse of an American citizen to become a naturalized citizen or permanent resident?

Question Details: I have been married to a non-U.S. citizen for more than 3 years and we have been living outside of the U.S. the whole time. My spouse has been offered a job opportunity as a post-doctoral researcher at a university in the U.S., so we would like to move there and begin the green card/citizenship process. Our problem is that my spouse is from a country listed in the travel ban, which is frustratingly confusing. If my spouse is not allowed to enter the U.S., I am effectively being prohibited from entering my own country because my daughter and I cannot be separated from my spouse. I am wondering if naturalization through marriage is a right or at least, do we have grounds for a waiver to the travel ban?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to and retain an attorney to represent you.