Helping 20 Million Americans a Year for 20 Years. FREE!
How Can We Help You?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential

What can I do if my insurer won't cover damages to my car even though I had full coverage?

Question Details: I had full coverage on my vehicle and my daughter was driving; she stopped at a 4-way stop sign and she was already in the intersection and a big truck rammed into the rear wheel and back driver's side door. The police were called and the officer didn't cite the other driver but explained to me the way they put it in the police report as car 1 and car 2, he was car 2 and at fault. He said that's how the insurance will read it. I had car towed thinking it wouldn't be a issue and come to find out they wouldn't cover her because she wasn't rated, even though she had an accident prior to this about 1 1/2 years ago. They would not cover anything so I had to pay $500 out of pocket to get the car released from the collision center. The claims guy said they would try and help see if any places around the accident had cameras but they did nothing for me. The other driver's insurance company would not cover the damages. They didn't even do a investigation they didn't call my daughter or anything just denied they would fix it. It was clearly the other driver's fault; if my kid pulled out in front of him damages would have been to the front side of my car not rear as she was already in intersection. I am stuck with these damages to my vehicle now and my insurance did nothing for me. Is there anything that I can possibly do?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you retain an attorney to represent you.