What can I do to get a business that was supposed to provide services to me to respond back?

Question Details: I found a web design business page on Facebook a few months back. The owner and I communicated back and forth a few times before I decided to go ahead with them to design my website. At first, he communicated but it was never cleared on when the site will be done. Well, 4 months have passed and I decided to look elsewhere and have asked him many times for a follow-up of my site or if I can just get a refund back. He's been ignoring my emails and messages. We never signed a contract before I sent him money. The service is broken down into 2 transactions - before and after the site is done. It wasn't a lot of money but I don't want him to think that he can just get away with taking people's money without explaining to them as to why their website isn't completed or why they can't get a refund. Just like any business, if I paid for a service and I didn't get what I paid for, I am entitled to a refund unless stated otherwise. Again, there was no contract between us stating whether a refund was doable or not. Can I threaten him with a lawyer?

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The Answer(s) provided above are for general information only. The attorney providing the answer was not serving as the attorney for the person submitting the question or in any attorney-client relationship with such person. Laws may vary from state to state, and sometimes change. Tiny variations in the facts, or a fact not set forth in a question, often can change a legal outcome or an attorney's conclusion. Although AttorneyPages.com has verified the attorney was admitted to practice law in at least one jurisdiction, he or she may not be authorized to practice law in the jurisdiction referred to in the question, nor is he or she necessarily experienced in the area of the law involved. Unlike the information in the Answer(s) above, upon which you should NOT rely, for personal advice you can rely upon we suggest you go to AttorneyPages.com and retain an attorney to represent you.